Saturday, January 14, 2012

At the End of Week I

                 Despite my frustrating and exhausting experience at the beginning of the week, I feel tired, happy, and much more skilled. I have learnt so many new things - about Nicenet and how to use it; what a Wiki is; how to create a blog on blogger.com and read and comment other people's blogs; how to work with Google maps; what a Google account is and how to create it; how to write a program to follow Google links. I got used to the Word proofreading and automatically correcting my spelling mistakes, now it s quite challenging to take part in conferences where I have to be very careful with my posts.
                Never before have I had such an active correspondence with foreigners! I am glad my inbox is filled with letters and instructions from Jodi - I read and reread her e-mails, enjoying her beautiful English!
               And the last but not the least - I was not as good at Geography at the beginning of the week as I am now!
               Hope I will learn still more in the weeks to follow and then share my experience with my colleagues and put it in my teaching practice.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yuliya
    I really like the way you designed your website. it inspired to think about similar way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuliya,
    That's plenty to learn in one short week; it is overwhelming, isn't it?!
    I share with you this feeling of pride for the achievement and the anticipation for what is coming in the next 9 weeks. Knowledge is such a thrill!
    I will end with a quote from A. Einstein "The only source of knowledge is experience." which I found on
    http://www.brainyquote.com

    I wish you the best experience in this course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuliya,
    I think it's exciting, too, to have such an active conversation with so many people from so many countries at the same time. It's wonderful!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete